About Applying to the Workshop at Macy’s
Application and Submission Process
There are two ways to apply for The Workshop at Macy’s:
NOTE: We encourage submission of your application online. However, submissions by mail are accepted.
- All applications for the 2020 session must be submitted either online or via mail by 11:59 p.m. EST on January 26, 2020.
- All eligible applications will be reviewed and select applicants will be called in for an interview either in-person or virtu.
- Final selections will be made after all prospective candidates are interviewed.
Please note that acceptance and participation in the Program does not guarantee a contract or ongoing opportunities with Macy's or any of its subsidiaries.
Class size is limited. Details regarding dates, pre-work and location will be included in a welcome packet that applicants will receive upon acceptance into the Workshop.
Mail In Application Address for The Workshop at Macy’s
We encourage submission of your application via our website. However, submissions by mail are accepted.
To apply by mail:
Mail in applications must be postmarked before January 27th, 2020.
What You’ll Need to Complete Your Workshop Application
In order to be considered for The Workshop at Macy’s, you’ll need to thoroughly complete your application. To help you do this effectively, we’ve compiled a list of the information, documents and certifications you’ll need to complete the application. All information and documentation must be submitted for your application to be considered.
Here's what you'll need:
- Your business’ name
- Business contact information:
- Contact person
- Business address
- Daytime/office phone
- Cell phone
- E-mail address
- Website URL
- Date your business was established
- Number of years in business (must be at least two consecutive years)
- How the business was acquired (founded, purchased, etc.)
- Verification that the majority owner is a woman or minority and either a U.S. citizen or have Permanent Legal Resident Alien status (note: you must have a current U.S. passport, U.S. birth certificate, naturalization papers, or Permanent Legal Resident Alien card (green card)).
- Majority owner ethnicity information
- Be able to confirm the business is U.S.-based
- List major product category
- Current gross annual sales
- Legal structure information (e.g., proprietorship, partnership, corporation, etc.)
- Description of what makes your product unique
- List of competitors and why they’re your competitors
- Where your merchandise is produced
- EDI compliance
- Description of current manufacturing and replenishment capabilities
- Whether production is offshore-compliant
- Whether you are doing business with any Macy’s entity at this time or in the past
- Prior trade names and brands, if applicable
- List of any business awards, recognitions or editorial credits
- 250-word biographical statement, which should include the story behind your brand (required)
- Look book or images of your product, complete with wholesale cost and suggested retail price points
- Government issued recent photo IDs of applicant and ALL other owners of business
- Resumes of ALL owners
- Financial Statements (Profit/Loss Statement, Cash Flow Statement and Balance Sheet) for the business for two years
- Verification of your business as a legal entity (corporation, limited liability company, partnership, sole proprietorship)